English Language Admission Requirement
English is the primary language of instruction at Alberta Caregiving Institute. Prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English as part of the application process through one of the following ways:
- Complete two or more consecutive years of full-time education in English within Canada prior to admission.
- Complete four or more consecutive years of full-time education in English in a country other than Canada where English is the principal language.
- Successfully complete six credits of post-secondary first-year English studies at a recognized university in an English-speaking country.
- Graduate from a recognized degree program at an accredited university at which English is the primary language of instruction in a country other than Canada where English is the principal language.
- Attend four or more years at an eligible international secondary school that uses English as the language of instruction but operates in a country where the primary language is not English.
- Achieve a grade of 70% or better in Grade 10 English or an equivalent.
- Achieve a benchmark of 6 or better on the Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment tests of English language proficiency that evaluates skills in listening, reading, speaking, and writing
- Achieve a passing grade in the EnglishComprehension Assessment Test Administered by Alberta Caregiving Institute
- Achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 550.
Last modified: Monday, 3 November 2014, 7:38 PM